Most of us have dreams and goals. We grow up imagining that perfect scenario where we will feel fully accomplished: the perfect job, the perfect family or the perfect house, and so on…
However, as we reach adulthood, the path to those dreams might become long, exhausting and you might even find detours on the way.
On those rocky roads, people might find it hard to keep their drive and inspiration… At those moments, you might be needing an external push, something that lights the spark within you: you need motivation.
Although a lot of people think of inspiration and motivation as synonyms, they are not. While inspiration comes from within you, motivation comes from the outside world.
I believe at some point or another, we all need a little push; something that reminds us of what we are capable of. That’s why I want to share with you these 25 motivational quotes from historical and fictional characters, to get you pumped up and ready to keep going.
1. “Sometimes you may feel like you are just about to realize your goal only to fall short. That is no reason to quit. Defeat happens only to those who refuse to try again” —
2. “It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently” — Tonny Robbins
3. “I’d rather welcome change than cling to the past” ―
4. “If you want something bad enough and you work hard enough, anything’s possible” — Amy Purdy
5. “Life isn’t about getting and having, it’s about giving and being” – Kevin Kruse
6. “Eighty percent of success is showing up” — Woody Allen
7. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there” — Theodore Roosevelt
9. “Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions” — Dalai Lama
10. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears” — Les Brown
11. “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps” — Confucious
12. “The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less” —
13. “You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from. Your only limit is your soul” — Gusteau, Ratatouille
14. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them” — Walt Disney
15. “The most effective way to do it, is to do it” — Amelia Earheart
16.”Stand for something or you will fall for anything” — Rosa Parks
17. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope” — Martin Luther King Jr.
18. “For those who are with greatness born, should live not for themselves alone” —
19. “I am fundamentally an optimist. Whether that comes from nature or nurture, I cannot say. Part of being optimistic is keeping one’s head pointed toward the sun, one’s feet moving forward” — Nelson Mandela
20. “It is easier to live through someone else than to complete yourself. The freedom to lead and plan your own life is frightening if you have never faced it before” — Betty Friedan
21. “I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story. I will” — Amy Schumer
22. “If you are afraid, you can’t move forward” — Malala Yousafzai
23. “Be not afraid of going slowly. Be Afraid of standing still” — Japanese Proverb
24. “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind” —
25. “I’m willing to be seen… to speak up. I’m willing to keep going… to listen to what others have to say… to be my biggest bestest most powerful self” — Emma Watson
Finally, I want to remind you that you have everything it takes to achieve your goals. Therefore, don’t doubt yourself, don’t hesitate, and get out there. Show the world the best version of yourself.
How do you stay motivated? Comment below!